Last night Cole slammed the door one too many times and his daddy snapped. He told him more or less that if he slammed the door again, he would take all the doors in the house out. (yeah, right.) Now mind you, that we have hardwood floors and old doors, that are quite loud when slammed and echo through our house. The kids all thought this was so funny that dad would take the doors down. So, in typical Jerry fashion, he proceeded to quickly pop the pins out and pull the door right off. Now this was hee-lare-eee-us!!! Cole and Luke I could see were taking this all in and wondering if they could pull off this same party trick sometime. But the point was made and the door went back to where it belonged.
Probably about 15 minutes later, Jerry turned the lamp on in the living room where we were all gathered around the fire (a special treat in our old fireplace) for books and some family time. Cole didn't miss a beat.... Dad, if you keep turning that light off and on, I know how to take that switch off. I do. And I will do it right now. It's a lamp with a little metal knob that you turn and the kids have all taken it off by twisting it the opposite direction at one time or another. It's amazing that we haven't lost it down the heat vent that sits right below.
Cole never misses a beat. He has got an answer to everything. So don't even try.
By the way, those are his "power glasses." He also has "power flip-flops."




3 comments:
Dads - can't live with them, can't live without them. Funny story.
This story is making me laugh because my Mom took my sister's door down and to get even, my sister ran up the stairs and yelled "SLAM" as loud as she could.
I have a Cole that sounds an awful lot like your Cole -- Coles don't miss a beat.
Luckily, I guess, for my kids I do not know how, or more do not want to know how, to take a door down. I do, however, know how to pound on one and slam one myself. Ahhhhh, family life. . .
Post a Comment