So, we have this tradition we started the year Grace was born (six years ago.) We take our Christmas card photo in the snow. The picture is only of our children - no mommy or daddy. In theory, this is a great idea. We only live about 30-45 minutes from the snow, so it shouldn't be a big deal. We have run into some glitches over the years, like no snow until later in December and babies who hate the snow and cry and scream during our photo shoot.
Last week was the first good snow and we promptly jumped in the car Saturday morning and ran up to take our obligatory "Christmas in the snow picture". The kids were better suited up this year than any other year, and had a great time playing in the snow. Playing being the key word, here. Nobody really wanted to take a picture. They just wanted to play. Picking our Christmas card photo wasn't too hard, because there were only two decent pictures to choose from.
But reality is, that they are just too little for any extented time in the snow. I always think it's going to be different... maybe next year will be. (ha, ha!) Luke wouldn't keep his snow mittens on and soon his hands were popsicles and his nose was running. Let the crying and screaming begin. Cole was only a few minutes behind him with the I'm cold whining. Grace did good, but given the option of finding a different spot to play in, she decided it was time to go home.
There's no place like home.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
There's Snow Place Like Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I am glad I don't live where it gets miserably cold. But driving up to see snow once in a while would be great! I'm with your kids on the "get me home!"
Hope your're having a blessed week!
So glad you got your snow picture. I'm green with envy.
Cute pictures and beautiful kids!
Oh what fun! Can't wait to see the final shot.
Post a Comment