"Blogging" has been a wonderful experience. I've learned a lot about myself and the kindness of others. It causes you to stop and think about things - more that you might have otherwise. I am able to capture a piece of my days... days, as a mother of three, that all seem to blur and run together. And sometimes when I'm sure that I'm all alone in my feelings on motherhood, it's reassuring that there's always someone who can relate. Someone, who might be exactly where I am at that time or just someone who understands.
I've also learned a lot about the "rules" of blogging. Who would have thought that there would be "rules?" And maybe I shouldn't call them rules, maybe I should call them the unspoken rules. That's not really any better, is it? Like blogging Monday through Friday and taking the weekend off. Well... Jerry's schedule means that our "weekends" aren't always Saturday and Sunday. Plus I've decided it's better to post on my blog when I feel like it and when I have something to say. One rule I have caught on to, is that you must have a giveaway on your "blogoversary" (blog anniversary.) The lingo is a whole other subject! So, I've decided to be a rule follower in this instance and have a giveaway for my anniversary.
Hmmm.... what could I give? Here's what I came up with: an 8x10 print of mine (how about those Farris Wheels?), some of Jerry's home roasted coffee beans and one other thing that will be a surprise. (I'm still trying to think of it. kidding! maybe.) So, leave me a comment by this Sunday (24th) and I will draw a name and announce the winner on Monday. I don't get many comments, so your chances are good!!! OH, and to make it a little more fun, in your comment, tell me what is your favorite Fair food? I'm not a huge fan, but I find some things very interesting, like at the CA State Fair, they pretty much deep fry everything you can think of... Twinkies, Snickers, Coke. Do they do this other places? Maybe I should say "what is the weirdest Fair food you have ever seen?"




9 comments:
Happy blogoversary! I don't get a chance to read every day, so whether you post on weekdays or not makes no difference to me - one instance where the rules don't hold, I guess.
I can't say I've been to a fair for ten years or more (since my brother was in 4H), but since music festivals are as close as I've come since I'll answer for that and hope it counts: my favourite thing is kettle corn, because I love the combination of sweet and salty.
congrats! you are so right about the deep fry thing at ca fairs, but i find that in texas too...and i love every bite! my favorite, oldy but goody, corn dog. never can go wrong with them and the breading is always the best at the fair!
Congratulations! I'm so glad we have been in this crazy blog land together. I never would have made it without you! Let's see... I would have to say a Texas State Fair Corn Dog, oh yes and a funnel cake!
Happy Blogoversary (is that the word??). You should post a beginners guide to blogging so us newbies don't make too many faux pas! I bet word would spread and that would generate much traffic to your site!
Let's see...my favorite fair food is Fair Fries. But, they're not the same here as the ones I would get every year at the Cumberland Fair growing up. Fair Fries are just really yummy crinkle cut french fries. I used to also love Elephant Ears, aka Fried Dough. Yum!
Happy Blogoversary! My favorite fair food (I love the fresh cut french fries, but...) is at the Clinton Lions Club Fair, a very small agricultural fair in early September...I LOVE the fried bloomin onions! OMG they are so good with a variety of dipping sauces, I go to the fair just for them! I've never had fried Twinkies or Oreos but hear they are the BOMB. I will be heading to TX next week and can't wait for a funnel cake!
micaela6955 at msn dot com
my oh my how fast a year flys! it's been fun, hasn't it? as for my favorite fair food - i really don't eat at fairs, or even go to them, but i'm hoping we can get benefit from the bounty of fried fair food. i'm guessing there will be a lot of used veggie oil to be had when the fair ends.
Congratulations! Yes, the "rules" are odd. My favorite fair food is cotton candy. You would think that I would have grown out of the need for raw sugar, but no. Why are they frying all this stuff? Snickers & Twinkies here.
I just popped over via Green Jello and glad I did! Those photos are amazing.
I laughed about the blog M-F and not on weekend thing. I ignore that one but always brace myself for crickets chirping when I post on Sat or Sun!
I haven't been to a fair in a very long time. I am sure I would try anything but the turkey leg.
Cheers and happy blog anniversary!
Tracey
I came over here from Green Jello as well, and I'm so glad that I did. Your photos are gorgeous! I'm away to scour your archives now. ;) I'm with Lorna though...we need a list of these rules for us new bloggers. I had no idea there were such things!
I worked at fairs for several summers of my youth. It was enough to pretty much turn me off on nearly all fair food. I do still harbor a small affection for deep fried pickles about once every few years.
Post a Comment