Wednesday, August 13, 2008

summertime is :: 4


Summertime is... the start of a new school year.

I know that doesn't sound right, but I can't believe that Grace's school starts school so early. Here it is, though, so I must embrace it! And I do... it's nice to be back to some sort of schedule. I think her and I are alike in that we both do better with a little structure.

Last night she was nervous and this morning a little nervous, too. Not only starting a new grade with a new teacher and new friends, she started a new school.

Her desk was in the front row and she asked me to walk her to her seat (with brothers in tow.) I'm not sure how a second grade teacher feels about all that - most parents were just dropping at the door. But I know it won't last; where Grace wants me to bring my camera and take pictures and she lets me give her a kiss in her classroom. It won't last long at all. So for now, I don't really mind what her teacher was thinking.

Sorry if this is boring... my play by play, but this is what the grandparents like to see :) Back to my story: Grace came home completely amped up! Her teacher is the best teacher in the world (wow, and after only one day.) And she was bouncing off the walls. Yay for second grade! But then she had a melt down about putting on her soccer cleats. And I caught her yawning when I was putting her shoes on for her. It's been a big day and a bundle of nerves.

I think my girl will sleep good tonight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have I ever told you that Makena's middle name is Grace? She's beautiful Marjorie.

Anonymous said...

Wow, school starts so early for you. She looks lovely and I really love her top (is it a dress).

Lorna said...

Miss Grace, you are so poised and grown-up looking in these pictures! I am very proud of you and excited for all the adventures you'll have this year!

We love you!!
Auntie Lorna

Lorna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lorna said...

I am the deleted comment, by the way, somehow I managed to post the same comment twice...???

Blog Widget by LinkWithin