I'm already scheming my plan of how I can pry the sugary treats from their sweaty little hands. Or maybe they will fall back asleep in a sugar coma! Oh, and let me tell you that the above bowl of treats is from Thursday when Cole went trick-or-treating at preschool. It's obscene. Although my favorite recycling program came last night when the three groups of trick-or-treaters came to our door and received a bountiful amount of our loot. Grace and Cole made their station by the door and set about filling bags for anyone who might come knocking at our door (we don't live in a neighborhood that gets a lot of treaters.) It was so cute how they decided what would go in the bags and changing in to their pj's by the door, so as not to miss anyone.
Our children always have several costumes throughout the week of Halloween. Every event brought around another idea of what they wanted to be. A great use of dress-up clothes, though! And in case you were wondering, Grace is a model in this picture. And yes, that is a skirt - her favorite accessory. I love her creativity.
One last thing... these "eyeball" cookies were for Grace's class at school. (Thanks for the idea, Molly!) And Cole decided they looked like sunshine cookies. I like that idea even better! The sugar cookie recipe I use came off the back of a Lenox cookie press and it's wonderful! So, my treat to you is this recipe:
Sugar Cookie Recipe (that's it's real name)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Cream first six ingredients. Add remaining three dry ingredients. Refrigerate cookie dough 2-3 hours. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake cookies until golden brown.
notes: The lemon peel makes these cookies! I substituted the heavy cream for one T milk and one T sour cream and they turned out great. And I cook these cookies until they are barely brown on the bottom so they are nice and soft.
It's raining today and I plan to enjoy a lazy, rainy day. I'm thankful that yesterday in the past and I'm looking forward to the next two holidays (I know, I said it, but I can't help it). Have a great weekend, friends.




2 comments:
I just heard of the "switch witch"...if you leave her a big bag of candy outside, she will bring each child a toy. I may use try this or I will gain 10 pounds.
this reminds me so much of my own kids.
hilarious
Post a Comment