It finally came... the last day of school! I was ready. We need a break from the schedule. The closer we get to summer, the harder it is to get Grace in bed at a decent time. "It's not even dark outside, yet!" Yes, well... I really don't like having to wake you up in the morning.
No more running for the bus or mixing tuna at 7am. (I know, I should do it the night before, but I don't. I probably never will.) I would like to say that I plan on sleeping in, but who am I kidding. (I will try, though!)
So, goodbye to the bus - you've been very good to us this year. Next year is a whole new game (more on that later) and I'm painting my car to look like a bus. Kidding. Sort of.
Grace is looking forward to some serious friend time and I'm looking forward to some quality family time. Now begins the summer dance of "balance." Que the music!
A little 'Double Dutch Bus' (a family favorite) for you. I can't remember if I've ever posted this clip - sorry if it's a repeat. This is a great family movie for the summer, by the way!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
oh man... it's just all going so fast!
Love that movie! And I would appreciate it if you would paint your car. I'm cracking up! Could you imagine? Do you know how many people I wave at, and how many of your color SUV there are in Auburn? I've stopped waving, BTW, so if I ignore you on the road it's because I've befriended the entire group of silver SUV's like yours so I no longer need to wave...
I hear you on the sleeping in thing...but at least they do, so we get a moment to ourselves without the hustle and bustle!
Nice, the beginning of summer vacation is always so exciting. Don't make that list too long ;) You know that you will anyway.....
Post a Comment