It's back to school today. We just finished a week off for "fall recess". And while I highly recommend a week off during beautiful October weather, I will admit that there were some cranky moments. Not everything is as peachy as I sometimes make it appear.
Take this bike ride on Olmstead trail for example. It seemed like a great idea to me. Even Jerry thought the kids would have fun and it would be a nice way to get some fresh air for the day.
The kids fought it before we left the house (that should have been our first clue)! They were hot and hungry, one couldn't ride his bike - I pushed it most of the way - and just plain old cranky. boo. It's not like we didn't bring food and water. It's not like we didn't try to make it fun. But in the end it was all we could do to make it back to the car and try to forget what a disaster this outing was.
So there it is... my bad day posted for all to see. A good reminder that life is messy sometimes. And it wasn't all pumpkins and apples and all things wonderful.
I wouldn't change a thing.




3 comments:
I love this Marjorie! Especially the picure of Grace hunched over on her bike. Too funny!
I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, but this had me cracking up! Grace hunched over was the best part. So many times Chris and I have just wanted to yell, "We're supposed to be having fun! You WILL have fun!" Life is messy sometimes. We all should have a Fall break. It is a perfect time of year!
oooh look at me taking time to read blogs. well, yours at least! by the way... that bike ride looks EXACTLY like the ones we take. to the T! we should be neighbors!
Post a Comment