May, June and most of July, our existence revolves around synchronized swimming practice and "synchro" meets. Talks of the water show and championships is sprinkled in our conversations. Ear drops, nose clips and which conditioner works the best is discussed regularly. About an hour before practice, phone calls are made to determine who's driving there and who's picking up.
I love that Grace has a sport that she loves and does well at, and I also enjoy the people and friends of synchro. It's a part of our daily summer life.
But (and you knew there was a "but") I've started checking the calendar and counting the days until "champs" and more importantly, the day after champs. Two and half weeks left of synchro. It's always a little bittersweet; the end of synchro. We're happy to have our lives back and yet, no synchro until next summer.
For now, we'll be poolside... tappin' our toes to the music of summer.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment