Monday, August 2, 2010

caught skipping

On Luke's birthday (last December), I gave him the nickname "Skipper" (warning: don't ever call him that.) He skips when he's happy. It's an instant judge of his mood. And lets just say that, well, he can be moody.

If it's a good mood, then all is right with the world.

Sometime this summer I noticed that Luke stopped skipping. I think he just outgrew it. I was so sad. I even (shamelessly) asked if he would skip for me. I was hoping I could catch a photo of him skipping so I could remember forever... he said, "no."

Image how delighted I was, when last week (while on our family vacation), Luke started to skip. And I was ready with camera!


It's such a small thing, but I really want to remember it forever. My heart soars when I see that he's happy enough to skip.

There are so many little things that I want to remember with my kids that slip through my fingers like sand on a beach. I want to keep them all, but I will settle for remembering a handful of favorites. Time is going fast. Some days I want to stop time and drink it all in, and maybe even back up a little.

Last week we went camping in Big Sur. This week I will revisit our trip here on my blog. Maybe I can make it last in my mind just a little longer. And maybe I'll walk away with another handful of favorites.

1 comment:

Patty T said...

Cute! And don't call him cute either! Thems fightin' words! Glad you had a nice time. It seems during summer I'm always reminded of how much the kids are changing since I'm spending so much more time with them. Makes me weepy sometimes!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin