Bodega Bay was on our agenda for spring break... which actually wasn't that long ago. Our love for the coast goes without saying, but it could have been warmer (and less windy). And actually, as I write, summer break has officially begun and it's rainy and cold. It's been a jeans, sweatshirt, extra coffees and muffin making kind of week... month. But I don't want to be one to complain about the weather (or always talking about the weather), so enough of that.
What I would like to say is that I would love to be back at the beach right now... toes in sand, searching for shells and listening to the waves. Thanks to a tip from a local, we found this beach that sheltered us from the winds. It pays to stop into the local surf shop even if you don't surf.
Speaking of surfing, go see Soul Surfer. Or better yet, when it comes out on DVD, buy a case and hand them out to every girl who holds a special place in your heart. It was that good. A very inspiring, true story that started some fantastic and thought provoking conversations between me and my 9 year old daughter. Grace said it's a movie that she HAS to own. I couldn't agree more.
So, back to Bodega Bay... I love camping at the coast. And so does our four legged friend, Woody! He was insane on the beach. I imagine that must be what doggie heaven is like. Woody chased the birds up and down the beach to his hearts content. I wish I had taken a video - it was crazy! I actually thought at one point that it looked like he was flying. (And no, he was not supposed to be off the leash. But how can you resist that face when there was no other dogs or people in sight?) Happy boy...
We are looking forward to summer and making the very most of it... (on a budget I might add.) If only the sun would join us... that would make it even better!!
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment