Friday, July 15, 2011

going big

For the past few years we didn't go to the VBS at our church.  Too much money (for three kids) the drive was too far (for five days in a row) etc, etc.  I chose small churches close to our house for VBS.  Camps that were small and free and close.  These were good and the kids had fun.

This year I stretched myself (in many ways) to get the kids to our church's VBS, "Breakaway."  Grace asks every year and I realized she only had two more years left of being a camper.  It was worth it; the money, the time, the cranky kids....

There's something about going big sometimes... big energy, big arts, big stories, big worship, extreme fun.  Our God is big and capable of anything.  Why shouldn't we think big?

But just as it is written, "Things that no eye has seen, or ear heard, or mind imagined, are the things God has prepared for those who love him."  1 Corinthians 2:9

 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

So, so, so happy you decided to go big this year. Cole was awesome to have in our group!! xoxoxo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin