I love early summer for the raspberries it brings. We have really been blessed by this little fruit. Our raspberries have provided for us and sharing with friends, not to mention a few gifts. It's something I feel good about for so many reasons.
I'm really into building memories for my children. It's really the only thing we can keep... I hope my kids will remember the handfuls of raspberries for a morning snack, swimming followed up by a snack right off the vine and the raspberry smiley faces that await them on their dinner plates. Or maybe they will remember lemon muffins topped with raspberries and cobbler made with fresh berries.
Here is another fruit we've been working on this summer:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23
This is the fruit I've been working on in myself. I pray that the Lord will sow these into my very being and also into each of my little ones. Like any fruit, it's a slow process, but the harvest is worth the wait.
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
You are KILLING me with the pictures of all that yummy raspberry-ness. My parents used to have raspberry bushes and we'd eat them - oh so many of them - right off the vine, in cobblers and on top of homemade ice cream. Chris and I love them! I wonder if there is a 'u pick" raspberry field somewhere?! If you run across one, let me know! Until then, enjoy some for me. :)
Post a Comment