Tuesday, September 20, 2011

eucharisteo

eucharisteo - to be thankful, to give thanks

I'm currently reading 'One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are.'  A friend gave me the book and said I had to read it.  This is not a quick read (I've read probably five other books while reading this one.)  I sometimes will read and then go back and reread. 

"If clinging to His goodness is the highest form of prayer, then this seeing His goodness with a pen, with a shutter, with a word of thanks, these really are the most sacred acts conceivable.  The ones anyone can conceive, anywhere, in the midst of anything.  Eucharisteo takes us into His love.  I am struck and I long chime:  Daniel is only a man of prayer because he is a man of thanks, and the only way to be a woman of prayer is to be a woman of thanks."  -One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp


1) small hands that find treasures
I'm retraining my mind to look for things to be thankful for... to find the blessings (sometimes they aren't so obvious.)  Maybe it's just our perspective that needs changing.
"Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world."  -Sarah Ban Breathnach

2) His amazing creation

3) sun on snow covered mountains
4) the cool from a fan
5) baby sleeping while I type
6) the quiet to stop and think

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin