Some of you may be wondering why I "blog"... It's not that I think I have something so fabulous to say that you all would want to read it every day. And it's not because I figure "you" have nothing better to do than to check my little website. It's really much more than that.
Being a stay-at-home mom is boring sometimes. Not boring like I have nothing to do, boring. Because I have plenty of laundry to do, meals to fix, dishes to wash, floors to scrape food off, booty's to wipe, toys to pick up, "tap dancing" for babies (thanks, MB) -- anyways, you get the picture. But it is boring, because those things day after day are boring and my mind is turning into mush. Baby mush.
I feel it is my calling from God to be the best mom I can be and to raise my children accordingly. But I need things in my life to keep my cup filled up - so I have something to give back to my family (like MOPS, for one.) Something to allow me to complete an adult sentence or a thought... a place to ponder what a blessing my children are and what kind of crazy life this is with my party of 3.
And here is something you might not know about me. I am a night person. So, my children finally all go to sleep and I wonder what project I could/should work on before collapsing in complete exhaustion. I often attempt to scrap book at night. By the time I get everything out and get started, it seems that it is time to clean up and put it away so number 3 doesn't eat my favorite scrapping paper in the morning when I'm not looking. And then I realize that I haven't accomplished anything. It takes me a good day of scrap booking to really get something done. And lets face it, I just don't have that kind of "me time." (Something my friend and I discussed on our way to grocery shop today - we will have "me time" in a different season of life. Just not right now.)
My friend, Molly, started her blog and I wondered... why? I just didn't get it. But I soon realized that it was a form of online scrap booking. A way to be creative and to connect and something I could actually finish and feel I had accomplished something more than just the dishes (which I never really finish those, either.) Plus, here is a bonus that I didn't count on - while reading Molly's blog every day, I have come to get past the "small talk" and find out things about her that I probably would never have known even though we do connect on a daily basis. IE, "Can I borrow butter?" "Can your kids play, please!"
I received a call from my dear friend Holly in Los Angeles and she mentioned she hadn't seen a picture of Luke since our Christmas card. I had Luke and she had her first baby, Miles, around the same time. And true to mommy form, we have not been able to connect the way I would like. I kept thinking how can I stay connected better with her and other family and friends? I was thinking of some sort of photo sharing program (there are a lot out there) and then it hit me late one night. I could blog. I think I can, I think I can... why not?
So, here it is... my outlet for creativity, accomplishment, keeping connected and bridging the gap with all those who I would love to have in my daily life. And maybe even make a new friend or two. Feel free to visit anytime. I'm not a great writer and you may get bored of seeing pictures of our kids, but you know where you can visit my little life anytime you may want to connect. And feel free to leave a comment once in a while so that I know I'm not just "blogging" to myself.




6 comments:
I love your blog Marjorie. I miss you all so much and this blog helps me feel closer to all of you. Incidently, you are a wonderful writer!
nice girl. We miss you, too!
very well said marjorie! ditto on everything you said. i'm glad i found you!
I love the blog. I look forward to it everyday. AND,I think you are great mother, daughter and writer. bb
moomoo speaks!!
JD
I knew you wondered WHY back when, but I'm so glad you know WHY now. I'm seeing a whole other side of you, friend.
Post a Comment