Monday, October 15, 2007

Finally... the Chickens!

Here we are with cousins Amanda and Evan at the chicken store/feed store (whatever it's called.) It's quite a decision picking out which chickens Grandma and Big Papa should take home. (Because they all look so different. ha, haa..)

The lucky chosen few. (Except, in the end, Big Papa went back to the chicken store and bought the rest - 24 in total.) Possibly 23...
Here is my city girl, Gracie, holding a chicken. She doesn't look too sure about it - does she? Grace is a lot like me. I like animals, I really do. I want to be around them, but then when I get too close I get spooked. I have a dream of having a horse. I love horses. But I'm also kinda scared of them. Oh, well... a girl can dream.
Amanda already experienced a little chicken poop mishap, so she was careful to hold the chicken out. And truth be told, I had to convince her to hold the chicken for my picture. She was done after the first poopy incident.
It's just another remedy for our lack of pets. Our kids don't seem to mind...

1 comment:

Kirstie said...

I love chickens (as pets, not just food). We used to have four that we raised from chicks. . . then three, then two, then one. Life is not so easy for the uncaged chicken on a city lot.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin