As I was reading my favorite morning blogs over coffee, I noticed that Stefani at Blue Yonder was taking part in a "neighborhood week" that was started over at Green Jello (hello, Green Jello! I don't know you :)
But it sounded like fun, so I decided to go for it. The timing was perfect, actually. I had been thinking a lot lately about how much I love our neighborhood and our town. I have been wanting to go out and take some pictures of beautiful Auburn, California. So, what better place to start than my neighborhood! And what's really fun is that my neighbor, Molly, has decided to take on this same challenge, so it will be interesting to see how we see our neighborhoods differently. Pop on over to Molly's blog to see more of our neighborhood.
But it sounded like fun, so I decided to go for it. The timing was perfect, actually. I had been thinking a lot lately about how much I love our neighborhood and our town. I have been wanting to go out and take some pictures of beautiful Auburn, California. So, what better place to start than my neighborhood! And what's really fun is that my neighbor, Molly, has decided to take on this same challenge, so it will be interesting to see how we see our neighborhoods differently. Pop on over to Molly's blog to see more of our neighborhood.
I loaded up my boys for a walk this morning "on a mission" (as Cole would say) to find that peaceful feeling.
Our neighborhood is full of old rock walls - there must have been a lot of excess rock in the 1940's. But I think they are beautiful and peaceful and just plain lovely.
I am a junky for Fall. The cool and brisk Fall morning (even though I didn't get out before 9am) was very peaceful. I love the trees that are turning colors and the ivy that is turning colors in some trees. I only wish I knew how to add the singing of all the birds to my post as we were on our walk.
It's amazing what you see when you actually take the time to see it. I'm looking forward to more walks this week to discover my neighborhood all over again.
Tomorrow, fun.




4 comments:
Auburn looks like a great place and the fall weather amazing! I'll admit I didn't get a chance to take "new" photos today as I was at work - perhaps tomorrow!
We live in such an amazing place. Your photos capture it well. I have tried to get out in the canyon everyday because the weather is so Fall-ishly perfect!
Welcome, and thanks for joining. These photos are lovely...I can hear the birds singing in that photo.
beautiful photos marjorie!!! it is amazing what you notice when you actually take the time. i need to do more of this myself.
Post a Comment