Monday, October 8, 2007

Fun in My Neighborhood

















Because we have 3 children, we define fun a little differently than others (maybe.) For us, fun is going out to ride scooters after dinner (yes, Jerry has a glass of wine.) Fun is meeting up with friends unexpectedly and sharing dessert in the street. Fun is staying out way to late on a school night (so late, in fact, that the pictures I was trying to take turned out too dark.) But the fun we had was worth missing my original idea.

We are blessed to live in a neighborhood that is old and kwirky, but where young families have started to move in and now we are loaded with "little" friends.

















It's also fun to have an apple tree on our travels to provide us with healthy snacks while we are out playing. BUT if you have a popsicle, then it's still fun because you can throw the apples into the street.


The other thing I think is fun, is having the High School that my hubby and I attended just a couple blocks away from our home. On my list of things to do this Fall is to take the kids to a Friday night football game. It just might be fun.


Wednesday, weird...

9 comments:

Raine K said...

Great set - we live in a similar neighborhood. All the neighbors come out in the evening (we live in Albuquerque - it's too hot to step outside during the day!) It's like a little block party every night!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fabulous neighborhood Marjorie! And do I see fall colors in that tree behind your husband. Love the wine glass too! That's our type of walk!!

Blue Yonder said...

Looks like such a wonderful place to grow up!

j said...

yes, looks like a great neighborhood.

and it's easy to see that everybody is having a lot of fun.

we used to play stickball with apples that fell off the trees. and just hope no clown pitcher threw a rotten one that would explode in a fermented mess as you hit it.

Molly said...

What could be more fun than eating Ben and Jerry's in the middle of the street? And we know how you like your Friday Night Lights - I love hearing the football games.

Di said...

It does look like fun for all the kids!! I am not sure how I am going to cope with "weird"!!!

Grace and Aria said...

Yes, weird is a hard one for me, too.

And I love the apple stick ball - that's funny.

Yes, wine, ice cream and popsicles... that's how we roll :)

Anonymous said...

Your neighborhood looks like a lot of fun - you are lucky to have so many children around.

Anonymous said...

Hey Marj,
I just checked out the blog. Cool. The day with the chickens looked like fun. I saw the picture of Toby and Bree, so cute, I didn't even know they posed for a picture.
Jen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin