Last night was an exciting first for Grace.... her first concert! A Kelly Clarkson concert at that. Not The Wiggles or Stevie Wonder or James Taylor (I heard all these great "first time" concert stories/ideas last night.) A pretty cool first concert for a six year old.
One of Grace's Girl Scout leaders won tickets and took the whole troop + mommies + other random people. You can see that we had a birds eye view of the whole thing. (Grace and her G.S. peeps.)
Oh, and you know they wouldn't allow cameras, so it's photos from my cell phone :)
One "random person" that joined us was one of my very closest friends, Stacie. She lives in downtown Sacramento and of course, I knew she would be completely up for anything (she always is!) Besides, anything music related pretty much has to involve Stace for me because she is my very own rock star friend. Check her out!
Okay, back to Grace... she fell asleep (with her earplugs in, that I bought at the concert.) If I had driven myself, I would have taken her home and put her to bed after the first K.C. song - that's about when she was ready to leave.

How do you like that for a first concert!? Age six... too young. But, on a positive side, Stacie was good company for me while I held my baby girl. And this afternoon I could hear Grace downstairs playing "Kelly Clarkson." It sounded something like this:
Kelly posters for free! No money needed.
Since you've been gone....
So, what was your first concert? Mine was Bon Jovi with Skid Row as the opening act. Woo-hoo!! And I wasn't six, I was a lot older :)





4 comments:
Mine was Tears for Fears in the fifth grade! "shout shout let it all out".....I think first concerts are great....everybody remembers their first concert!
New Kids on the Block for me!!! ;)
Cathy and I saw Bobby Darin in the '60's on a date.
Awwwe, cute photo of her sleeping. You are a cool mom.
Post a Comment