Okay, I've been tagged by my friend, Jade, over at Chik Austin to share 5 random things about myself. So here goes....
1) I love The Sound of Music. And I love this song, My Favorite Things, especially. I always watch this movie at Christmas time while wrapping presents. Another movie I always watch while wrapping presents (on a different night, of course) is Little Women (with Winona Ryder.) Love, love, love these movies. And I love the book Little Women and Little Men, but I haven't had time to read them in a while. The You Tube clip of My Favorite Things is on the post just below this one because I am lame and couldn't get it on this post. There is another thing about me, I am no computer wiz!
2) I love Little House on the Prairie. The TV show, the books - anything "little house" or prairie related. In fact, last year I started to read the first one to Grace and she didn't have any interest. So, I proceeded to read it to myself and every single one after that. I couldn't get enough! And it was the first time I had read Farmer Boy - about Almonzo growing up in New York on a farm. Ooooo... the description of their pancakes smothered in butter with maple sugar melting down the sides of a stack of pancakes was enough to make my mouth water. So much, that I ordered maple sugar from Vermont last Christmas to have on Christmas morning. It was worth it. Yumm.
3) I have a serious weakness for Candy Cane Joe Joe's from Trader Joe's. Last year (the first year for them, as far as I know) they actually ran out early and said they wouldn't have any more until next Christmas. Well, it's next Christmas, and I have quite the stash. I put them in chocolate pudding that I made yesterday. It wasn't all that great. The cookies got soggy, but my pudding tasted oh, so pepperminty. (Even the actual cookie is peppermint flavored!)

4) I have been married for 13 years. Jerry and I were engaged after dating for three months and I was married at 19 years old. And I'm still in love.
5) I love horses, and have wanted one for many years. But when it comes right down to getting on a horse and riding, I'm a little scared. That's OK because we can't afford one anyways. Funny how things work out.
That's all folks!




7 comments:
I love The Sound of Music, but I can't get anyone else in my family to watch it with me, let alone sing the songs out loud. And I had no idea about the three month dating pre-engagement thing - see, you learn something new everyday in this here blogosphere.
Candy Cane Joe Joe's sounds FABULOUS! Oh, and Little House on the Prairie, the best! They have some of the shows on DVD. We bought it for Michaella to enjoy! I miss shows like that!
Thanks for Sharing!
I am a serious Sound of Music fan. In fact, my boys know the words to all the songs from the soundtrack because I play it so much. There is nothing cuter than a wee one singing The Lonely Goatherd.
Thank you for sharing.
We so need a Trader Joes out here! I've never been but it sounds fabulous.
And I love the Sound of Music too!
I love the Sound of Music too! I was Gretl in our local production as a kid and still watch it every year...to my boys disgust. And I just noticed you have a link to MOPs. I am the co-coordinator for our MOPs group...small world!!!
I have a serious thing for Candy Cane Joe-Joe's too. It's more of an illness really. And I feet it often.
I don't have to tell you-my love for Little House...
I've been eyeballing those Candy Cane Joes for a while now-I'll have to try them out. I bet there good with hot coco.
Hey do you have a good recipe for hot coco?
Post a Comment