Thursday, February 28, 2008

Miss Me?




OK, so here's what happened this week...

Monday morning (to make a long story short) our downstairs flooded. Only about an inch of water (but who knew how much water that really was!?) And I was very blessed to have my dad and Jerry's parents rush over to help with clean-up and taking care of the kids during clean up. Jerry came home from work for a while to take care of things and then went back to work.

Let me back up to last week.... Cole had "a pink eye." And now it was Grace's turn to have pink-eye this week. (fun. But I think the best part is all the laundry that has to be done when one has "a pink eye.")

Jerry came home Tuesday morning and announced since we received our tax return, Grace couldn't go to school and he was sick of the house and wanted a break; we were headed to the beach. So we packed up and left, to Bodega Bay.



We were only gone for one night, but it was exactly what we needed. The kids had a blast and wish that we lived closer to the ocean. But I think a couple hour drive isn't too bad. These are some pictures from day one at the beach, with day two still to come!
(I know you're excited.)



We took the kids "big shovels" and the boys couldn't have had a better time digging. Luke was looking for worms and never got upset that he didn't find a one. In fact, I don't think he would have even noticed if we had left him there. There couldn't have been a better vacation spot for him.

The boys dug a trench to their big hole and waited patiently for the water to do it's job. All the waiting paid off. It was sweet to see Jerry digging right in there with them and then wait for the oceans tide to rise while the sun went down. It was a little chilly, but it was very sweet indeed.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Grace and Aria said...

The funny this is, nobody did miss me... I think I will start to comment to myself.

Wow, flooding downstairs is a bummer. The beach looks like fun!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin