I had the best photography teacher in High School. (Not to say that I think I'm a great photographer...) But Kim Brown was groovy, fun, hip (hippie) and full of energy. She was like one of the gang. You could easily forget that Kim was your teacher. Kim was encouraging and a friend. She even shot mine and Jerry's wedding pictures... many moons ago.
Kim used to say that you should be out taking pictures on the days that you don't want to go outside. I have never ever forgotten that one piece of advice. Whenever it's a cloudy, rainy, dreary day, I always think to myself... well, it's a good day to take pictures. Not that I always run out and start taking pictures, but I think about it!
Jerry and I have even go so far as to plan day trips on days that are predicted to have cloudy weather, just so I can try to get good lighting. Bundle up kids, mommy wants to take some pictures!! Even on a nice day, at dusk - just when the sun is about to go down, the lighting is perfect. I get really excited sometimes about that perfect glow before the sun starts to set. (Usually when we are eating dinner.)
So let's eat dinner early and go out for a walk to catch the perfect lighting. And when cloudy weather is in the forecast, don't be gloomy... run and grab your camera. There is much to be seen, without even leaving your house.








5 comments:
As always, love your pictures!
Your pictures are always great...and I see your point about the lighting-lovely.
I have met Kim Brown and she is cool. I have seen your photos and they are awesome.
I am in a photo taking, blogging slump. Hopefully I will get it back. . . too busy with work to stop and notice what is around me. Drats.
I'll try to have that perspective the next time we have a dreary day :)
Beautiful photos, as usual...
I'll say it then...you ARE a great photographer!
Post a Comment