Tonight I ventured to the store to return a movie to the "Red Box" with my children. Jerry is working, so I could not sneak out alone (like I would have preferred to do.) Anyways, we were crossing the parking lot, holding hands. One long chain - mama, Luke, then Grace and finally Cole. A young couple was getting in their car as our merry group made our way and I noticed that the gal was tapping her guy and pointing at us. Pointing and smiling. I noticed a few. (At least we managed to not make anyone scowl at us; this time!) So, as I caught this cute couple pointing and smiling at us, I looked down at our happy train and realized that I'm one of THOSE moms. A mom with three children. A mom who is clearly outnumbered. I don't give much thought to having three children most of the time. But tonight I caught a glimpse of what others see. It's crazy and funny and slightly out of control, but it makes me smile, too.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
I'm One of THOSE Moms
Tonight I ventured to the store to return a movie to the "Red Box" with my children. Jerry is working, so I could not sneak out alone (like I would have preferred to do.) Anyways, we were crossing the parking lot, holding hands. One long chain - mama, Luke, then Grace and finally Cole. A young couple was getting in their car as our merry group made our way and I noticed that the gal was tapping her guy and pointing at us. Pointing and smiling. I noticed a few. (At least we managed to not make anyone scowl at us; this time!) So, as I caught this cute couple pointing and smiling at us, I looked down at our happy train and realized that I'm one of THOSE moms. A mom with three children. A mom who is clearly outnumbered. I don't give much thought to having three children most of the time. But tonight I caught a glimpse of what others see. It's crazy and funny and slightly out of control, but it makes me smile, too.
Labels:
Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
you should smile mama. You are doing things right no matter how bad our train looks sometimes. Train wreck or not we keep them looking!
Love you
jD
what a cute scene you've painted with your words!
You're not just one of *those* moms. You're a beautiful mom with a beautiful spirit leading three beautiful children with beautiful spirits. How could anyone not look the four of you and smile?
It's crazy good.
It's cause your kids are so darned cute! If Cole would let me I'd squeeze him until he did the puppy grunt...Then he'd really never come near me!
I want to be one of those moms... someday! But for now, we got a new puppy!
Post a Comment