Monday, April 14, 2008

Toy Week :: Day 1

Alright, I am playing a little "photo blog" game this week. The theme is toys and today is the first day. I went through my photo archives and easily found Luke's favorite toy. The shovel. And no plastic shovel will do.... it must be a real shovel. We took the shovels on to the beach with us and I know we could have walked away and left Luke - he would have never noticed because he was so into digging in the sand. Much easier than our backyard! This is probably one of Cole's favorite toys, too.


But if we are talking about Luke, (my terrific two year old ;) then his favorite toys would be anything outside. Especially if it involves water!! The watering can, the hose, the wheelbarrow in which to fill with water. The shovel, to dig a hole, to hold water. And most recently, the pool! An endless amount of water to fill his watering can. yippee. Water + Dirt = Mud. The best thing ever to boys. And it makes mama not so happy sometimes. Like when you just cleaned the floor and they tromp in with muddy boots to get more water out of the bathroom to make their "bad guy soup."

Luke's favorite toy while at one of his grandparents house is either the toy quad or tractor (depending on whose house.) If we had the room, I would buy him one in a second. You know what they say, "boys and their toys." As long as the battery is good, he could go forever on those motorized toys.

So, that's day one for toy week... if you want to play, then pop over to Anne's blog at Green Jello and sign yourself up. It's kind of fun to have an assignment sometimes. It makes you think outside the box and also meet some new people. It's how I first "met" Anne - during "Neighborhood week." (Met, as in a blogging friend. Well, you know what I mean.) Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Molly said...

ah, the boys and their shovels (perhaps the best birthday gift for boys too!) - i just found a blue shovel head in our backyard from a not "real" shovel. they just don't hold up to our boys like real shovels. looking forward to toy week at the doll house!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, boys and dirt! Keegan loves his dirt, shovels and trucks!! Very cute pictures!

Anonymous said...

The picture with him holding that giant shovel is priceless, and I must have the recipe for "bad guy soup."

Anonymous said...

I was trying to think about toy week, but most of my kid's pictures of when they were little and had a favorite toy are in "old school" film and it makes me tired just thinking about going back through them.

Luke and water...I gave him a hose at my house and he was set the entire time I watched him!

Patty

Blog Widget by LinkWithin