Monday, May 12, 2008

baby love & praise

I think I have bloggers block lately. But I'll give it a try, here goes...

This weekend I had a baby shower for my friend, Rebecca, celebrating baby number three. It's a great place to be (most days.) Our pastor has often said that having small children is like having a bowling ally in your head. It's true. But someday, I'm sure, Jerry and I will miss the chaos. Or maybe we'll really enjoy the peace and quiet (probably not.)

It always seems like babies come in clusters within our circle of friends and family. My friend, Holly, in Los Angeles (boo-hoo) just had a beautiful baby boy (#2) and Rebecca is due next month. I found out recently that my cousin Jen is expecting with baby number two and some other friends of ours are recently pregnant. See? Does this happen to anyone else? There have been no new babies for a couple of years and suddenly it's scary to drink the water ;) But not to fear.... I have the perfect baby shower favor made from recycled baby jars. I borrowed the idea, because there's no such thing as a "new idea."

I am so in love with these little jars and Mod Podging on jars. Fun stuff!! paper, stamps, glue... that's what I call fun :) Sad, I know.

On a more serious note, our friend had surgery on Friday and I just wanted to give a little praise. Thank you, God, for answering prayers.

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:1-2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those party favor jars. Yes, it does seem to come in bursts with friends.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Babies! I think my circle is done. No more in the picture. I guess I'm going to have to start hanging out with younger people...:) I love those favors. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

i love the jelly beans

love you mom
Luke

Blog Widget by LinkWithin