I dream of a day when my children are older and money isn't so tight - where we can travel and see the country; the world. Oh, the places we'll go; the pictures I'll take. But then I realize that right in front of me there is beauty. I just need to look a little harder and slow down a little bit more. There is history and architecture and small things to be noticed. There is much to be done right in my own "backyard." Places to walk and hike and ride. Stones not yet turned.
This, for example, is not the perfect picture of the Auburn Courthouse that I would love to take. But I'll keep trying... waiting for that perfect sunset or night photo with the moon in the background.
It's the little things that I enjoy. Like this green house a couple blocks away... it makes me smile. It looks like the inside of Grace's room, actually. We used to have our house painted a yellow that was so yellow, I called our house The Yellow Submarine. You can get away with stuff like that in old town.
Alright then, I'm done rambling. I hope you love your town, too! Maybe someday we'll visit and you can show us the sights.








1 comment:
looks like a beautiful town.
i am loving that photo of the ivy on the steps. :)
have a wonderful weekend, Marjorie!
Post a Comment