I love this picture of Grace. She is fresh and clean out of the shower and she looks like she's six years old (this is rare.) We've had some rough times in the past school year... something I can't exactly put my finger on, it seems. Disconnected. That's probably the best way to describe it.
I keep thinking that Grace is just caught in the middle. Caught somewhere between little girl and wanting to be a bigger girl. Of course I want her to be a little girl for as long as humanly possible. I just do. I think kids should be kids and we (as parents) shouldn't push them to be older than they are. I, of course, struggle with this on a daily basis. With so many outside influences, etc. It's not so easy. 
My girl rocks out to Hannah Montana by day and sleeps with her blanket (she's had since birth) by night. The list goes on and on with the many contradictions in her life. She is truly caught in the middle. And for now I am happy that there is still some of her that wants to hold my hand (sometimes) and snuggle with me in the morning. I'll take what I can get.
Through being intentional about spending some quality time together and making some better choices about how to spend our time, I am happy to say that I'm not feeling disconnected anymore. We are making progress. And like I was saying, that picture of her just makes me happy. Just like the song says....
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
You Make Me Happy
Labels:
Family,
G is for Grace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I hear you on the growing up thing! I worry since Amanda is not in to all of the trendy girl stuff like her friends and that her maturity will make it hard for her to relate to kids her own age. Although I struggled with that as a kid, but at an older age. I do enjoy her still wanting me to walk to her classroom in the morning and tuck her in bed. Then after a day like I had with her today I realize she is learning to deal with so many things on her own, with only some guidance from me. I have a hard time figuring out what is too much and too little!
Post a Comment