Sunday, May 18, 2008

making lemonade

Reader beware.... realities of mommy hood ahead (and a little complaining.)

I'm trying really hard not to be grumpy. Let's start with the fact that it's HOT. 100+ degrees. I really dislike being hot. Especially at night when your trying to sleep. And then Grace was up last night coughing. Finally when I got her situated, it seemed like right away (but it was probably several hours later), I heard Luke crying. Poor baby was throwing up in his bed :( He has been coughing and has a runny nose, so I'm thinking he choked and that was that.... So, after a change of clothes and stripping his bed, Luke slept with us in our bed. With a towel on my nightstand.

OK, now that I got that out of my system, let me turn it all around. Shall, we? Got lemons? Make lemonade.

refreshing

:: Yes, it's hot, but we are blessed to have a pool.
:: The temperatures are supposed to cool off some this week (the high 80's).
:: Luke's bedding needed to be washed anyways.
:: No church today because of sick children, but some extra time together (note to self, make the best of it!)
:: Thankfully, Jerry was home last night and could hold Luke while I cleaned up his room. Usually these things happen when he is working ;) Keep your fingers crossed for tonight....
:: We slept in until almost 8 AM this morning!
:: Grace is doing her homework right now and Luke is totally involved in Elmo Visits the Firehouse (allowing me this moment of "free time.")
:: Moo-moo had Cole last night for a sleepover, so I didn't have to worry about Luke waking up his brother.
:: Our downstairs playroom is about 10 degrees cooler than upstairs. And we have Pollyanna from the library to watch today. Grace and I will be happy about this!


Praise the Lord! I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart. Psalm 111:1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor kiddos! It's miserable being sick when it's hot. My kids have coughs, but so far it hasn't turned into anything else. Thank goodness or it would have been a short trip! We came home to find the pool at 82 degrees! Oooh! I'm going in! Patty

Anonymous said...

It's weird to read about 100 degree weather when it was 55 here today, but I feel your pain. Keep cool and I hope your week improves.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin