Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Breakaway :: Days 2 and 3


I'm back! OK, so here is the truth... Yesterday I was feeling down and defeated; tired (exhausted, really.) But now I am back and I'm thinking that I don't want to dwell on my tiredness of yesterday. Plus it would take too much energy to lay it all out there - and I need to be getting to bed ;)

I love this one! Painting with the magnetic marble thingy. We don't have one, so I can't duplicate it at home... but it was very fun stuff.



And I wish we had this set up at home. A little Boogie Board action! I'm still trying to talk Grace into doing it, but she's trying to work up the courage. (One of our words this week.) Some of the close-up pictures I took of my friend, Ben, here on this ride are great, but I figured since he's not my child that I shouldn't plaster his picture on my blog.


And you can't forget "clean mud." Toilet paper, ivory soap flakes and water. Creepy feeling if you asked me, but kids love that stuff!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

I needed these verses this week and this also helps me to memorize them! I have such a hard time memorizing scripture. And I was thinking... I'm getting more from V.B.S. than the kids in my group. Hmmm. What does that say? Why don't they have this sort of thing for the adults?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute banner! Hope you get your energy back today. I think I've hit a wall on this cleaning out. I'm about to be over it!

Anonymous said...

we're going to have to try that magnetic marble painting!

Anonymous said...

I was always exhausted when we did Brekaway. Toting those kiddos around and keeping up with everything was exhausting...but so much fun! Too bad it's so far away. We ended up not going camping this week either since we're trying to get the house ready to list. How fun is that? It's so clean that I want to stay now!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin