I left yesterday for Lake Tahoe and my wonderful husband had the kids yesterday. Then he went to work today and his parents watched the kids until I got home and went to pick them up. The kids were cranky, I am tired and a little sleep deprived from twenty something women in one small cabin pouring their hearts out and crying together. (A little draining and I would really love to go to bed right now.) But no, Cole fell asleep on the way home and got a really long nap (I thought he was out for the night.) And as I type, my sweet four year old is downstairs taking the couch cushions and "making a pirate ship, mommy." It's 10:15 pm, btw.
I digress... Jerry knew my afternoon was a little bumpy and sent me a wonderful email to tell me that I'm a good mom and doing a great job. Also, reminding me not the sweat the small stuff. I love him.
Miss you, Jerry. Stay safe.
(Oh, and this pic from Santa Cruz, is Jerry, with that grin that means he's up to no good. Probably thinking of throwing me in the ocean if I didn't have my camera or something.) More pictures from Santa Cruz to come.
This weekend was great and God was very present in our MOPS group. I'm excited for a great year. Our theme and verse for the year:
Adventures in Mothering (isn't that the truth!)
"...how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ..." Ephesians 3:18
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I know and have been a victim of that smile...as Aunt Cathy would say, "His horns are showing!" It's nice that he's so thoughtful too. Glad you had a great time this past week recharging the different parts of your life.
hey friend,
this is a lovely post. our hubbies do so much just to take care of us, and it's refreshing that they're also caring and supportive, too. :)
i hope you are having a peaceful and beautiful day.
i've been meaning to ask you...how's your air quality? ours is improving slightly...finally.
It's a blessing of immeasurable proportion to have a husband that is helpful and supportive. Michael sends me a "prayer" email each morning and always has my coffee ready for me and my bags set at the door. He's done this as long as we've been together, unless he was up and out before me...and then coffee pot was rarin' to go! And there's so many other small things he does to make my days easier. I have to confess, he's much better at this than me. Although your note is about parenting, being a mom, it's just convicted me that I need to do more small things for him.
And Jerry's right, you are great mom, through the mountains and the valleys!
I am back Marjorie! The wedding is over and life is back to normalcy! I've been catching up on all your blogs! God BLESS wonderful loving Christian husbands!!!
Post a Comment