Thursday, July 24, 2008

so I won't forget

"Firt, firt!!" That's how Luke says the word, squirt. There are so many things everyday that I think to myself, I don't want to forget that. This summer has been full of phrases like "I'm going to firt you!" This comes not only from Luke, but Jerry, Grace and myself all say it, too. Because we can and because it's fun.

Jerry and I know all too well that one day Luke will say squirt like everyone else and we'll look at each other in shock and reminisce about the good ol' days when Luke used to say "firt." Like the way Grace used to say "skunscreen" and "skunday school." And Cole used to call his hammer a "how." Ah, the good ol' days...... (snif, snif.)



And something else I'd like to remember... painting his nails the way his big sissy does it. Then wanting me to take the nail polish off about ten minutes after he's done! It seems fun at the time, but somewhere along the way, Luke got the message that boys don't wear nail polish.

So, how about you? What funny things did (or does) your children say incorrectly that you don't want to forget?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohh! there are so many! i actually refuse to tell them the correct pronunciation sometimes just because it's so cute! they figure it out soon enough though. :)

Maddy still says babing suit, fresh fries, hangaber, and nakin...in case you didn't get that (sometimes i think i'm the only one that knows their language) it's bathing suit, french fries, hamburger, and napkin.

heehee! :)

hope you're well, sweet friend.

Anonymous said...

Oh I just wrote about that tonight but haven't posted it yet. Makena was running around saying 'skop and hip'. Which meant skip and hop! She has a tendency to get words backwords which is very endearing. :)

Lorna said...

What a great blog topic! This will give me something to think about as I lounge on the beach at Bodega Bay :). Love the nail pictures! Should I post Wyatt dressed up in Grace's tights? Hmmmm....

Tilly said...

I was just thinking of this. Nipper is just starting to talk and it's so, so sweet. He loves yoghurt and is constantly going to the fridge and asking for 'ragurt'. My absolute favourite though is when he holds up his arms to me and says 'cutta momma' (cuddle momma).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin