Monday, July 21, 2008

being honest

It's a funny thing to post our lives out here in "blogland" for all to see. You can really make it want you want it to look like. Well, I just couldn't let it go by without saying that last week's soccer camp ended something like this...

Cole: Mom, I think I want to play baseball instead of soccer.

Mom: OK, that's fine.

Cole: And I want to play basketball.

Mom: Anything but soccer; I can see. OK, when you get older.

THEN, as we are driving to soccer camp one day, he asked if I remembered teacher Karen's where we took swim lessons. "Let's go there today, mom." Needless to say, after his first day of soccer, it was pretty much down hill from there. It wasn't all great and wonderful as I may have led you to believe ;)


These were his coaches. It's not like they weren't a fun bunch! (These chaps were only dressed like this for one day.) This was British soccer camp, by the way.


This was one game that Cole was willing to play. It didn't involve anyone kicking his ball out (except for him.) He became rather picky about what he would do. They played a lot of games... he would only be the "farmer" in the farmer and the fox, the crab in the crabs and the shrimps, the spider in the spider and the fly.

Cole loves to run and I was sure this was the perfect fit for him. Perhaps he's a bit too young. Good thing we borrowed all our gear!

And as a side note, Luke was tired. So tired, in fact, that he actually sat down on his own. I believe he's even yawning in this picture! This was a moment to be captured. (And believe me, it was only a mere moment!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I wish my coaches would have been british (ahem), I mean fun... ;)

Molly said...

makes me wonder how long aidan would last if i honored his request and signed him up for synchro. so glad to see the sandals fit Luke!

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing at the coach in the tu tu! Well, you tried and maybe when he is older he may want to try it again.

Anonymous said...

How cute! I love to see little kids in the sport stuff. He might feel differently next year. Evan made major improvements with his willingness to participate between 5 and 6. Now we don't have to convince him to go to t-ball practice as much. Don't get me wrong, there are days he doesn't want to go, like when it's 102, but overall he is more into it now. Good luck!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin