Thursday, August 28, 2008

rumble

The frustration of my every day is these two fighting. I just don't get it. Why do they WANT to fight each other? And it may look like Cole's got the better of Luke, but believe me when I say that Luke just keeps coming back for more. And more. Testosterone gone wild.

As an only child, there is so much I don't understand about siblings - the rivalry and fighting... I feel like a fish out of water sometimes. So, on this day I decided if I can't beat 'em, then join them (so to speak.) I just stood back and took pictures:




Now, should I immediately call Jo from Super Nannie because my kids are out of control? Or is this normal? Anyone with two or more boys like to shed some light on this subject? I could read a book about it, but that would take too much time and energy. And frankly, I have neither.

(By the way, watching an episode of Super Nannie always makes me feel like a better mom. I know it's wrong, but I can't help it!)

Oh, and I try to always end every fight or argument with a hug. Makes me feel better, anyways.

3 comments:

Lorna said...

Woah, Sistah, this is my life! Some days, it feels like Wyatt & Jack just live to irritate each other. They tumble, rumble, roll, poke, prode, and pull. They steal each other's stuff. They set each other up with words unheard and acts unseen by parents, so pinpointing the instigator is nigh on impossible. Not that it really matters when the fight is in full swing.

You know that I grew up an only, too, and like you, I just don't get it. I understand it intellectually, but that was not *my* world so I don't how it feels. Michael assures me *their* world is quite normal and it's just part of sibling development.

So, I'm learning not to take their battles so seriously, unless they involve outright mean-spiritedness. Like you, I'm a big believer in hugs to make things right in the end.

And, we find opportunities often to tell each boy that his brother is a gift from God, given to him to be a best friend and ally for life, long after Mom & Dad are gone. So they must treasure each other, stand up for each other, and love each other, even when it's a hard thing to do.

Anonymous said...

Perfectly normal! You were blessed with two boys... you're in for a lifetime of this. Just keep taking pictures. Hey, that would be a cute series. Them wresting over the years. Getting bigger and bigger.

I have the opposite problem. I have Makena constantly screaming and bossing Keegan around. Poor little guy can't do anything without his big sister telling him what to and what not to play with.

Anonymous said...

Looks like our house. I am constantly trying to break up these fights, but I think they enjoy it. I don't, but I do have days that I just let them. I think it's a boy thing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin