Tuesday, September 2, 2008

overwhelmed

I wish I could hide. Hide from the responsibilities of life. Ever feel that way?

It's not that anything bad has happened, I just feel like I'm drowning in a sea of things to do. I was avoiding actually putting this down in words, but I wanted to say something here on my blog (so you knew I was still here) and it's the only thing that feels honest.

So, here I am... wanting to say something, but really not wanting to say anything at all. Life is a balancing act and I often feel like I don't do it very well.

So, it's back to the mounds of paperwork from school, preschool registration, birthday planning, thank you notes, phones calls that need to be made, errands that need to be run, emails that need responses, and all the other details of my every day life. And I will try to do it all without freaking out. (This would be a major accomplishment.)

The most important responsibility lies in the sobering fact that I am responsible for three other lives. Three hearts, souls and bodies to nourish and each child needs my love and time. Those are the things that really matter. Everything else can wait.

Thanks for "listening." Gotta run, I've got stuff to do! The children are sleeping, you know ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's the time of year. The paperwork alone from these schools is enough to send anyone over the edge.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin