This was our first camping trip since we have been a family of five. I think Luke liked it... no? He did catch a little cold while we were camping, but thank goodness for Grandma and Papa's trailer to make our nights a little easier to deal with. It's hard to breathe in the cold, damp tent when your lying flat on your back on the ground. OR he just didn't like the tent and preferred the cushy, warm trailer over the scary tent. I'm not sure which it was, but sleep was soon had... (I preferred it too, to tell you the truth!)
We camped right on the American River in Coloma. There was plenty of adventures to be found! Such as this rope that was tied to a tree that dropped off a cliff (sort of) and went all the way down to the river where you could splash in an icy swim hole. The water was COLD.
I didn't get pictures of the actual gold panning, but these two kids were intent to find gold.
None was found.
Monday, September 29, 2008
camping
And if there is a rock to be climbed, he will climb it. I think there might be a rock wall climbing adventure in our future. Cole is our monkey!
Labels:
C is for Cole,
Family,
G is for Grace,
L is for Luke,
The Golden State
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Lukie! I was reading your post, waiting for the picture to come up and when it popped up there was Luke! That's a classic camping picture...dirt stuck to snot. Too cute! Gotta say that I prefer the trailer too...Chris doesn't though. Too much stress to get it to the campsite I guess. Glad you had fun. I have a goldpan that was left at our new house by the old owners...I tell ya they left all sorts of fun stuff. Now I know where to go to get a lesson on goldpanning! I have my pan!
Oh I would love to try camping. It just seems like so much work right now with my kiddos the ages they are. Maybe I'll get up the nerve this fall, when it cools off a little more! Looks like a lovely time.
What a lovely spot to camp! We do some tent camping but I secretly covet a camper.
Lovely shots of your lovely family!
Cheers,
Tracey
Post a Comment