Thursday, October 16, 2008

enough clothes to wear

With the change of seasons, it also brings the changing out of summer clothes to fall and winter clothes. These are the bags of hand-me-down clothes from a friend. I should have taken a picture of the four totes out of the closet that I also had to make sense of. It was no easy feat, this sorting of clothes from big brother to little brother and everywhere in between.

Don't get me wrong... I am ever grateful for the clothes we get. We have been extremely blessed with hand-me-downs for all of our children. There are very few things we have to buy them as far as clothing goes. And after about a week of folding and stacking and moving of piles, I think I'm just about done. For now.

So, a big thank you to everyone who gives us hand-me-downs, boy and girl clothes. It is a gift that is very much appreciated. It is a financial burden that has been lifted from us and we are grateful.

Matthew 6:25-26
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?

1 comment:

Patty T said...

I gotta find someone with a 10 year old daughter...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin