So, my kids and their friends wanted to watch a Christmas movie last weekend and it was difficult to find one that ages 3-8 could agree on (forget appropriate). Looking through our collection (I love Christmas movies) I thought maybe 'A Christmas Story' would be good - my kids had never even seen the movie. In fact, it had been a couple years since I had watched it, too. Well, the boys, especially, were glued to it, but I was upstairs cringing as I remembered some of the parts I had forgotten about. oops. Good news is, I haven't heard any of the kids going around saying "smart___" or talking about the lamp in the window. The tongue on the light pole was the biggest hit - that, we haven't stopped talking about.
The girls weren't so interested in the movie as they were helping me decorate. A very pleasant afternoon... sitting in the dining room with the warm sun, stringing stars and listening to "you'll shoot your eye out."
And for your viewing pleasure, here is the favorite scene (and the dreaded "word").
I'm bummed! Our Christmas Story movie finally gave out this year. It was one of the first DVD's I bought when they first came out. It's been scratched one too many times! I forget about the smart*&% part every year too! Now my kids are old enough to tell me when they said a bad word and I tell them that they are old enough to know not to repeat those words too. Like they are listening to me...somehow it makes me feel better for letting them hear it though.
4 comments:
A classic!
I'm bummed! Our Christmas Story movie finally gave out this year. It was one of the first DVD's I bought when they first came out. It's been scratched one too many times! I forget about the smart*&% part every year too! Now my kids are old enough to tell me when they said a bad word and I tell them that they are old enough to know not to repeat those words too. Like they are listening to me...somehow it makes me feel better for letting them hear it though.
Love, love, love the YouTube clip!
I try not to stress too much on the bad words...teachable moments, right? :) Yeah, that's it, teachable moments!
i don't know how many times my kids have watched that movie this christmas season, but it never gets old! cute pictures - looks so warm and cozy.
Post a Comment