Our kids are thrilled and overly excited. There is much to be learned about caring for our new pet and just having a dog in general. I can't decide if it's sad or cute how much they don't know about dogs and animals.
The very good news is that Woody seems to know a lot about kids and loves them dearly. We are blessed, indeed.
Just a small sample of some of the conversations we've had lately:
"Is he ours to keep forever?" Cole
"Yes, until he dies." Grace
"Woody's not going to die!!" Luke
this morning...
"Woody's still here!" Luke
"Woody has a mohawk!"
"Woody is my best friend and will play with me anytime."
**************************************************************************
** Details about Woody **
Sorry, I left out a few details...
Woody is the name he came with :)
He is 3 1/2 years old and had lived his entire life with his brother, Buddy. Woody and Buddy were supposed to be a pair, but they decided on the day we came that they would separate them because they were getting irritated with each other :(
They were surrendered to the G.R. rescue on Dec. 16th due to the family needing to move. We were told that they have had twice the dogs surrendered this last year due to families loosing their homes and needing to move. (800 Goldens this year compared to the normal 400 that they average per year.) sad.
We wanted a dog that was past the "puppy stage" since we still have "puppies" of our own. And we are very pleased that we made this decision! Woody slept inside last night without any problems. And he is staying downstairs - this is his space. Lucky for us, he's not too fond of stairs.
Oh, and I'm sure you're wondering what happened to poor Buddy. We were feeling very bad to take one and leave the other, but another family with a little girl adopted Buddy as we were getting ready to leave :) A happy ending for all!





9 comments:
I've been waiting for this!!! He is a handsome boy! How did you find out about him? Did you name him? Your public needs details :)
Congratulations! I can't wait to meet Woody in person. Maybe he and Shelby can have a playdate.
How cute!!! He seems to fit in quite well. And yes, dogs really do make the best "best friends". They are always ready to play and always listen to whatever you have to say when you have a bad day. Now the boys can teach him how to fetch!
Thank you!! :) What a great story! So glad Buddy found a good home, too. Goldens are just the nicest dogs, once you get them past the puppy phase. Well, they are nice puppies, too, just very active! Sounds like God knew just the dog your family needed and just the family Woody needed!
Welcome to the family Woody! So that's the trick... getting an older golden?!?
Woody is very cute! I am sure that he is going to bring lots of love into your house!!
Woody is adorable!!!
Love this story. I am always infavor of adopted unwated pets. He is beautiful.
Lucky Dog
I love stories like this!
I stumbled across your blog somehow...I guess I was blog-hopping! Great pictures!!
Post a Comment