Sunday, February 15, 2009

click


Gracie reads, originally uploaded by auburn doll house.

Several people reassured me that reading would just "click", and it finally clicked. So happy about that. It was painful sometimes waiting for that click. And now I'm a believer... she's reading everything - Grace was already listening to everything going on, and now she's reading it (including emails!)

I just ran accross this older picture on flickr and had to share. I think this is one of my favorite "clicks" of Grace, Cole and Luke together.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your picture is beautiful.
I can't wait until reading clicks one day in our house.

Patty T said...

Nice to let out that deep breath, huh? We don't even realize how much we're holding it until the pressure is released. I love seeing the kids reading. It gives me hope for this computerized/gaming generation! Cute picture!

Lorna said...

There is nothing more heartwarming than listening to your child read. Wyatt has been reading his books to me, we both really enjoy it. He's been picking some good ones!

Big sis can read to her little brothers...how cool is that?

Rick and Terry said...

Love sibling bonding and you've captured the moment with love (as usual).

Now might also be a good time to teach each other sign language too! I did this with Mike and Jess for a time and it was fun and made for a secret family code type of thing.

Alisha said...

Wonderful photo.

I didn't realize that you and Jerry were in such a dire financial situation that you couldn't afford furniture for your children. Good thing they're still small enough to fit in laundry baskets!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin