Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Buckaroo, part II

Cold mornings, red noses and excitement is in the air because the boys get to go with Daddy in the truck (to "work"). I promised pictures from the actual event - aren't they cute? Headed off to Papa's and Grandma's house!

I'm glad I took the time to grab my camera and run around in the street in my pj's to capture this moment. I've mentioned that I'm not a morning person, right? Usually I'm still sipping my coffee and giving kisses at the door.

These trips in Daddy's truck are moments that need to be remembered. And I have to be honest, I can't help but do a little happy dance when that truck is pulling away from the house and I am given the gift of a silent house (at least for a little while). Any mom can relate, I'm sure!

"I've been watching you, Dad, ain't that cool, I'm your buckaroo, I wanna be like you..."

6 comments:

Patty T said...

Cute. I must say that truck is Jerry. I'll have to post the video Chris took of him spinning out in the pasture. He dubbed in the Dukes of Hazzard song. It's pretty funny. Or was it a Garth Brooks song??? "Ain't goin down till the sun comes up. Ain't givin' in til I get enough. Goin down the road in my pick up truckwuuuuk"...yeah, that's the one. Funny how the song choice is much different now that kids are in the picture...he, he.

Patty T said...

I realized I put truckwuuck. It was supposed to be truuuwuuuk.

Anonymous said...

very sweet picture! and what a great experience for all of your boys!

Rick and Terry said...

I couldn't agree more. There is something truly blissful about having the home to yourself for a while.
I love that the dog is into the guy thing too :)

Molly said...

love me a house all to myself. it's always so cute to see the boys drive by on the way to big papa's.

Anonymous said...

Yes, take the dog too! I love the house alone...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin