Yesterday was a day. A day of spilled oats, thrown noodles, wasted peppers... A day of much yelling and fighting between brothers. Yesterday was the day that Woody (our golden) decided he was curious about this home he joined and downstairs wasn't good enough. It was a day when my hubby was gone and I had to be the dog disciplinarian. Last night was a night of meltdowns and freak outs because everyone was starving (and tired)! The bubbles didn't last and the water is cold! It was day.
Somewhere in my day, though, there were a few moments. Driving home after dropping Cole off at school, we passed a homeless man on the corner. Luke yelled, "hey mom, you forgot to stop for the man with the sign." "I didn't have any money to give him," I explained. "MOM, all you have to do is go to Foster Freezes and get some food and some money and then just give it to him and then vroom (or some boy sound effect that I can't spell) we're home. Just like that." And as I was processing this information and marveling at the mind of a child and really how simple life could be, he hits me with this: "mom, where do mailmans pee?"
It was a day with a moment where a friend reminds me that I'm good enough. She laughs with me in the reality that is my life... thrown lunches and all.
Does anyone know... where do mailmans pee?
Thursday, February 5, 2009
a rare post with no photos - just thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Oh dear- You sound like you need a vacation :)
So many questions we get during the day- at least our children think we know everything!
My goodness! Those days test our momma badges to the core! It's a good thing Luke is always available for comic relief! You always seem to handle it with a great attitude. How did Woody do upstairs? Once he was up, was he afraid to go back down?
and look... you survived that day! :) do they mark the mailbox???
ummmm are you going to post a follow-up so that we can know the answer to the mailman question???
Just kidding -- this too will pass and your beautiful boy is working through the Big Guy to help you remember that perfection truly is your enemy and it is actually good to have days like these. Sorta puts the "H" in human ;)
I hope it's not by my mailbox!
I know this was a long day for you, but your post made me smile.
Out of the mouths of Babes! :) too cute!
Post a Comment