Saturday, February 7, 2009

I Just Wasn't That Into It

This post could save you money and a couple hours of precious time. He's Just Not That Into You came out on Friday in the movie theaters and I have to say... don't waste your time or money. Now I could be wrong - maybe you would love it, but Jerry and I both gave each other that knowing look after about 20 minutes. Of course, we sat through it, because that's what you do when you just paid twenty dollars to see a movie AND you have a babysitter at home with your three children.

To be fair, here are the good things about the movie:
1) It has a great cast. I love so many of these actors.
2) There were a few really good moments. (Emphasis on "moments")
3) Any excuse to eat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups is good by me.

The bad is too much to list, really (but I will try):
1) A lot of the movie was boring.
2) The message was bad. I felt like it portrayed women as weak and stupid.
3) Why does he have to cheat? Really, I hated this part. (sorry to be a spoiler)
4) It was PG13 - I would not want my 13 year old daughter to see this movie (if she was 13, and thank goodness she's not.)
5) I could go on, but I won't... I just wasn't that into it.

I will say, that I did not read the book. Maybe if you knew what you were going in to, then it wouldn't be so bad. Maybe... But then maybe you should wait to check it out at the library and then it won't cost you anything!

So, to end on a good note, here's a clip from my favorite movie (this movie I highly recommend.) LOVE this movie. Little Women:

5 comments:

Kristin & Brian said...

I saw that movie and I loved it. I could relate to all the stupid stuff I did while dating. The book is about the stupid stuff women do while dating so the movie relected that.

Patty T said...

I'd have to drug Chris to go see this movie with me anyway so unless I rent it when he's not looking, I won't be seeing it. I wanted to though. I think I wanted to see it because, like you, I really like some of the actors in it. Ho hum. Thanks for saving me some cash!

Patty T said...

I mean actually DRUG, like narcotic...he is a pain when it comes to chick flicks. Just wanted to clarify that I didn't typo DRAG

Rick and Terry said...

Hey, thanks for the movie review. Rick and I typically don't get around to seeing a movie until it is ...... um vintage? antique? at least last season.

On Saturday we watched Blades of Glory!! and I'm still laughing ....

Lorna said...

Oh, I'm so disappointed to hear this. Michael is always game for a chick flick, so this was on my rental list when it comes out. What a waste of talent.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin