The day has finally arrived. Cole started T ball this weekend. We have been waiting and answering 100+ questions about baseball as of lately. Cole was excited, Jerry and I were excited... heck, even Grace and Luke were excited about Cole starting baseball. And let's not forget my mom, "Moo-moo", who bought Cole a glove on his very first Christmas.
We have been waiting for this day.
A little fact you may or may not know about me is that I played softball up until well into my pregnancy with Cole. I love it. Growing up, I was a softball brat (sorry, Mom, but it's true).
Just getting our gloves out and tossing the ball around... the excitement of it all is more than I expected it would be. I long ago gave up on Grace taking an interest in softball - synchronized swimming is fast approaching and it's her thing for now.
My little man. He just doesn't look big enough to be starting this new venture. But it's official, Cole plays baseball and he's so proud. We are proud, too.




4 comments:
How fun! My nephew has been in tee ball and he had a blast and we had fun watching him!
Let the games begin.
Oh, please promise to let us know when you find yourselves at home having dinner (at the dinner table) and you suddenly stop and ask your family if you're really supposed home for dinner and not at a field in some other town. True story as it happened to us once. I miss sports soooo much and I loved that crazy schedule.
Oh, I understand...in a month my little guy will have his first T-ball practice.
How cute! I loved t-ball! Although Amanda is enjoying softball with all girls now. Let me know his schedule and we'll see if it doesn't overlap with Amanda's schedule. Maybe we'll be able to hit a game or two! Go Cole!
Post a Comment