Friday, March 20, 2009

real life

From my cell phone camera, I captured a bit of real life as it comes pretty much every day. Not the fact that Luke is sleeping... that rarely happens. But the part that happened before he conked out. The screaming and crying and throwing a tantrum - it seems as if anything can set him off: the wrong color, a blanket moved without his permission, the cutting of a sandwich in the wrong way or someone taking his chair. This too shall pass. It's only a phase. I keep chanting these things to myself knowing that it's true and wondering when it will pass. Until then, distraction is my main coping mechanism. "Luke, look over here at this..." And if that doesn't work, then we'll melt and hopefully sleep.

This too shall pass.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

uuuuuuuugh.
I feel for ya. I keep telling myself the same thing. But I think I give in too much and give her what she wants just so she'll quiet down. :(
Hugs to you my friend!
-j

Anonymous said...

You hang in there, Marjorie. You're right, it's only a phase. With the solid foundation you've provided, he'll be fine. Love ya.
U.Don

Our Green Nest said...

Such wise words...my Mom used to always say that when one of my siblings (or me:) was going through something and now I think it sometimes when necessary :)...hope this one passes soon for you! Have a great weekend!

Rick and Terry said...

I'm a bit jealous..... because of his age he gets to have a tantrum and get away with it

-- wouldn't it be great if we could still throw a nice head fit?

Youth -- they get to have it all and a nap in the afternoon.

Molly said...

:( i can't tell you how many times i wish aidan would just conk out on my shoulder like he used to. it's good for what ails a boy. (maybe not so good for mama though. don't miss my old shoulder problems.)

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness! I can totally empathize with you! Some days are like that! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin