Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow and Tell

I promised snow pics (I know you were dying with anticipation) and here they are! Grace actually got a snow day out of the whole deal. A couple inches of snow can shut down an entire town, you know. (We are wimps when it comes to snow.) Grace was hit in the face with a snowball and quickly came in crying - one down. Soon after, Cole was cold and wanted to watch cartoons - two down. Luke was out the longest... that kid is crazy! He was out there a long time, filling his wheelbarrow and goodness knows whatever else he was doing. (I snapped pics and quickly went back inside to sip my coffee.)

This is my favorite picture from the day. That right there is the face of pure joy!

Thank you, Lord, for the beauty and wonders of your creation. And thank you for a little bit of snow to put a smile on our faces.

Oh, and our sad, cold pool... there won't be swimming anytime soon! Even though a month ago Luke did get in and give it a try. (I told you he was crazy!) I can still here the cackling of Cole and Aidan when Luke braved the freezing pool - and oh, the face he made when the icy cold water hit his stomach. Out he came when he exclaimed, "that was fun!"

The snow is long gone, but the rain seems to be here to stay... along with sickness. Stay well, my friends!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

It's so fun to see kids having a good time in the snow. We haven't seen snow in awhile here though! The colors in your pictures are great.

Rick and Terry said...

I'm with you.... the snow is beautiful and I don't tire of it.

Love the pictures of the kids enjoying the fruits of a snowday.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin