Monday, March 9, 2009

hope


In classic California spring weather (at least where we live) we could have freezing and snow one day and then it's sunny days and the hope of summer right around the corner. The hope of summer right around the corner is more of the way it's been feeling lately. This is a trick - we all know it. Something else is lurking out there, but for now we open doors and windows and enjoy the sounds of birds and frogs (the frogs have been crazy loud around our parts!)

And there's something else I've learned about myself during these darker, winter days. I need sun. My soul needs light and warmth and it directly effects my brain. I never noticed this so much before, but I have noticed a direct correlation between my mood and attitude and the weather outside. I'm actually enjoying the daylight savings that is bringing us sunshine to our dinner table (even though I'm not a morning person... I will adjust to the mornings.)
I'm feeling blessed and hopeful these days. Excited about plans for the future (both near and far away.) The near brings a plan of escape for this weekend. Let's hope the sun follows us!

So, I hope where you live, there is sun to brighten your days and flowers to cheer your mood. If not, I'll try to spread a little of the hope I'm feeling... it's contagious.

6 comments:

Patty T said...

Ditto on sentiments! We're loving the sun! Chris has a hard time with darkness. He is much more edgy when we lose the light in the evenings. I'm loving that the kids can go outside and play after they get their homework done instead of it being dark already! Yeah!

sara said...

Gorgeous pictures!

I was thinking the same thing today- these past days have been so nice. We have been outside a lot and I am so happy!

Anonymous said...

Love those blossoms!
And what an uplifting post. :-)
I've been meaning to email you and THANK YOU for your encouragement and your prayers. You mean so much to me, dear friend. :)
love you.

Jodi said...

I love the flower buds. I can definitely relate with the weather and sunlight. We had snow last night and it was gone today. This last weekend it snowed 3x in one day and melted every time just afterwards. Crazy!

Yes, sunshine is good for our souls, I believe!

Rick and Terry said...

Wish I could smell those flowers :)

Anonymous said...

Spring is just around the corner here, your pictures gave me some hope.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin