It all began with a small obsession of my favorite jam. My Aunt and Uncle started and own Earth and Vine Provisions. My favorite jam is Blackberry Peach. Oh, my. It's so yummy! I don't do anything fancy with it, toast with Blackberry Peach Jam and my morning coffee is the perfect start to my day (sometimes it's peanut butter toast, depending on my mood.)
Then we went to friend's house for a BBQ last week and they made a blackberry, peach, blueberry cobbler from Cooking Light on their BBQ (actually, the Green Egg). I couldn't stop thinking about the blackberry peach combination. Peaches are perfect right now and I've had the opportunity to pick blackberries at a friend's ranch. I know, I've already talked about blackberries this summer, but I can't seen to get enough.
Well, I couldn't wait for my friend's recipe (I know I could have probably looked it up), so I used one out of my California Wine Country Cooking Secrets cookbook.
Berry Cobbler with Chantilly Cream (I wasn't interested in the Chantilly Cream, so I skipped this step. And I also wanted the blackberry peach combo, so I changed that, too.) Actually, I changed a couple other things, too. So here's my revised (and foolproof) recipe.
Berry Cobbler: (preheat oven to 350 degrees)
Fresh blackberries and peaches - enough to fill your pan
Grease the bottom of your pan (I used a 1.8 liter - French White Corningware and I'm too lazy to measure it.) Throw in your fruit and sprinkle with a little sugar (just for good measure.)
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup butter, melted
Combine the sugar, beaten eggs and flour. Stir in melted butter. Cover berries with egg mixture. Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown (mine took 50-60 minutes.)
Right before I ate the rest of it.
More blackberries were picked today and peaches were purchased. That's all I'm sayin.




6 comments:
This looks so delicious!!
Yum! Too bad it would go right to my butt! I'll take your word for how good it was...
OH YUM!
well holy cow...that looks amazing! you are going to become the next pioneer woman! :)
I like your style. just toss it all in a pan with a little eye ball guess work on measurements and poof! Desert!!! sounds and looks very good. I'll definately give this a try.
Hugs to everyone on the left coast
Looks absolutely scrumptious.
Post a Comment