Friday, October 2, 2009

catch and release

We brought them in to watch and learn. And boy did we learn a lot! The stack of books about butterflies that we got from the library pretty much wiped them out.


I'm really a visual person. This was the best lesson for me...


Simply amazing. I will forever be amazed and in awe of butterflies. God's creation is breath taking.







There is a whole new crop of caterpillars and eggs on the leaves, but I've convinced my kids (mostly the boys) that we should watch them in their natural habitat. Yesterday we saw one hatch from it's chrysalis right out on the vine where it belongs.



I love to look out into my front yard and see the fluttering of beautiful orange butterflies. (I think I might need more butterfly plants!)

Hope your day is full of wonderful and amazing discoveries.

2 comments:

Rick and Terry said...

How neat and what a lovely childhood memory you've given to your kids.

Patty T said...

I used to have Wallflower plants that the butterflies loved. They bloom for quite a long time too. What a cool little science project.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin