Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Luke is 4

No matter how many times I repeat it, it's still hard to believe that Luke is four. Oh, my little Lukie... If only I could control that switch where you turn from mad to happy in a split second. But no, you like to be in control. That's the game. And I'm quite aware of the score - just as you are. A battle of the wits with you, my little muffin. God must have big plans for you and your strong willed nature!


Funny, I don't think anyone caught the fact that we celebrated your birthday (the first time) with three candles. Boy, you would have let us have it if you had noticed!

Luckily we got it right the second time around. One, two, three, four... (you love counting right now!) A homemade confetti cake (thanks, Daddy!) with a can of whipped cream for frosting. Birthday.. Luke's way.

We love you, Luke! You've been a roller coaster ride right from the very beginning. We wouldn't expect anything less from you. And you still love to snuggle with mama - that's the best part. Thanks for making us laugh every day! xoxo!!


4 comments:

Patty T said...

He is a pistol, but his determination is remarkable! He loves his momma too. You can tell! We love him too! If you give me a piece of candy, I won't tell him you're telling us all his secrets! Not a pandy pane either!

Rick and Terry said...

goes by very fast doesn't it???

Grace and Aria said...

Patty, I know... someday they'll read my blog and either love it or hate it ;)

Anonymous said...

a little late but with lots of love... happy birthday sweet luke!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin