Saturday, December 26, 2009

a magic Christmas

He wanted a magic snow globe from Santa. And of course he got it. These days are numbered, precious and so sweet to me. It won't be long before he's asking for "cello" phones, lap tops and a DS. A snow globe, a table top sandbox, some Club Penguin figures and life was good.


And as for the "magic," my guess is that in Luke's mind it's nothing short of magic. He has a fantastic imagination. Anything is possible.


I would have wished for Jerry to stay home with us on Christmas day.

But I know that we are blessed. Although I missed him terribly and it didn't feel complete, I couldn't help but think of the service people who couldn't be home for Christmas at all. I think if there were some magic in that snow globe, we would all wish that there wasn't a war at all. "Peace on earth, goodwill toward men..." Thank you to the men and women who serve this great country. A country where I am free to celebrate Christmas and the birth of Christ Jesus.

I hope your Christmas was magical.

"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11

2 comments:

BB said...

Lovely! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

i love this. makena wanted a snow globe too. i have always told her no because she would break it. but she got one and the look on her face was pure joy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin