Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Birthday Weekend

He's six, and I thought it was time... Cole's first "kid birthday".

Birthday's around here are typically a family event with a couple friends mixed in for good measure. This time, we did both. Family event on Friday night and then the kid thing on Saturday. I thought it worked out fabulously, but I think it may have been a bit much for Cole. (Combined with five new Wii games as gifts, I think Cole was on overload - you mom's know what I'm talking about.)

Cole wanted to take his party (the one with shorter people) on the road. We (many adults) walked 16 kids down the canal and over to the high school football field. As soon as Cole hit the track, he was off! That's exactly what he needed - room to run. The kids ran (in a bit of rain) and played football, and cried, and played tennis, laughed, splashed, and some got soaked. Then the fog rolled in (pretty cool to see the fog literally roll across the field) and we decided to head back, tired and hungry.

It was a fun and tiring birthday weekend. Time well spent for our rapidly growing boy. Happy Birthday, Cole!

And as Jerry says, were good for the next eight months! (Meaning our kids birthdays are done until then.) Woo, hoo!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin